In a recent survey, it was found that up to 78% of mothers today who once had orthodontic treatment or braces when they were kids now believe that it was one of the best things that their parents did for them. If you are a parent, then perhaps it’s your chance to do the same thing for your child.Survey Findings These surveys done on behalf of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) have also revealed that most mother recognize how orthodontics have improved for the better these days. The majority of mothers concede that because of the new technologies available for modern orthodontic treatments, the orthodontic experience of their children is much more enjoyable compared to what these mothers went through during their own childhood. In the old days, braces were considered “uncool.” Parents had no choice but to still provide these braces for their children because it was necessary. But today, the public perception on braces has changed, particularly for the younger crowd.
- 86% of mothers regard modern braces as cooler now compared to what these braces were when these mothers were children themselves.
- 69% realize that wearing modern braces actually made their children feel cool.
- 81% described their children’s experience with modern braces as either “positive” or “extremely positive”.
- Braces can come in different colors.
- These colors can be changed during the course of an orthodontic treatment.
- Braces may even be invisible.